Chintan Dave, a pharmacoepidemiologist and health service researcher, joined PETS and Ernest Mario College of Pharmacy in 2019 as an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy. He received his pharmacy degree from St. Louis College of Pharmacy (2012), his Ph.D. in Pharmacoepidemiology from University of Florida (2017) and post-doctoral training from Harvard Medical School (2019). He has conducted several observational studies on the comparative safety and effectiveness of pharmaceuticals. His recent work has focused on the safety and cardiovascular effectiveness of Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors, a newer class of agents used for the management of diabetes. Broadly, his work leverages large observational databases and applies advanced statistical and epidemiological methods for confounding adjustment, within the areas of cardiometabolic and geriatric pharmacoepidemiology. He has led projects that have culminated in first author publications in leading journals like the New England Journal of Medicine, Annals of Internal Medicine and JAMA: Internal Medicine. His current work is supported through a KL2 award from the New Jersey Alliance For Clinical and Translational Sciences.
Pharmacoepidemiology, Health Outcomes, Health Service Research, Geriatrics, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease
- Dave CV, Schneeweiss S, Patorno E, SGLT2 inhibitors and risk of Fournier’s Gangrene in men. JAMA Intern Med. 2019; (11):1587–1590. PMCID: PMC6724526
- Dave CV, Schneeweiss S, Kim D, Fralick M, Tong A, Patorno E, Sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors and the risk of severe urinary tract infection events. Ann Intern Med. 2019;171 (4), 248-256
- Dave CV, Schneeweiss S, Patorno E, Comparative risk of genital infections associated with SGLT2 inhibitors. Diabetes Obes Metab. 21.2 (2019): 434-438. PMCID: PMC6329650
- Dave CV, Hartzema A, Kesselheim AS. Prices of generic drugs associated with numbers of manufacturers. N Eng J Med. 377.26 (2017): 2597-2598.
- Dave CV, Kesselheim AS, Fox ER, Qiu P, Hartzema A. High generic drug prices and market competition: a retrospective cohort study. Ann Intern Med. 167.3 (2017): 145-151.
March 2021 – April 2023
Neurocognitive markers of short-term risk for suicidal behavior in high-risk Veterans
Veterans Health Administration (I01CX001826)
Co-Investigator, Statistical methodologist
New Jersey Alliance For Clinical and Translational Sciences, KL2 award
July 2019 – June 2021
Clinical outcomes of older adults with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
New Jersey Alliance For Clinical and Translational Sciences