Farzin Khosrow-Khavar is an Instructor of Epidemiology with the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at Rutgers School of Public Health, a core member of PETS, and an affiliate member of Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey. His research is focused on generating robust evidence regarding the effectiveness and safety of novel drugs used to treat common malignancies in setting of routine clinical care. He is also interested in examining disparities in access and adherence to cancer treatments, and assessing patterns of health services utilization among patients diagnosed with common malignancies. He received his Ph.D. in Epidemiology from McGill University and completed his postdoctoral training at Brigham and Women’s Hospital which was supported by a postdoctoral training award from Fonds de Recherche du Québec Santé. He has conducted numerous pharmacoepidemiologic studies examining safety of drugs used in treatment of breast and prostate cancer. His work has been published in Circulation, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology, Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, and American Journal of Epidemiology.
Pharmacoepidemiology, Health Disparities, Health Services Research
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Azoulay L, Montastruc F, Montastruc JL, Renoux C. Aromatase Inhibitors and Risk of Parkinsonism in Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer: Population Based Cohort Study. Cancer, 2022 Apr 1. doi: 10.1002/cncr.34208.
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Kim, SC, Lee H, Lee S, Desai RJ. Tofacitinib and Risk of Cardiovascular Outcomes: results from the Safety of TofAcitinib in Routine care patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis (STAR-RA) Study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2022. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2021-221915.
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Filion KB, Bouganim N, Suissa S, Azoulay L. Aromatase Inhibitors and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Women with Breast Cancer. Circulation,141(7): 549-559, 2020.
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Filion KB, Bouganim N, Suissa S, Azoulay L. Cardiotoxic Effects of Sequential Aromatase Inhibitors Use in Women with Breast Cancer. American Journal of Epidemiology, 89(10): 1086-1095, 2020.
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Yin H, Barkun A, Bouganim N, Azoulay L. Aromatase Inhibitors and the Risk of Colorectal Cancer in Post-Menopausal Women with Breast Cancer. Annals of Oncology, 29(3): 744-748, 2018.
- Khosrow-Khavar F, Rej S, Yin H, Aprikian A, Azoulay L. Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Risk of Dementia in Patients with Prostate Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 35(2): 201-207, 2017.
September 2021 – August 2031
A Prospective Trial of Radiation Omission in Patient with Clinically Node Negative Breast Cancer and Pathological Complete Response After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Project Grant (CIHR202104)