Yola Moride, a pharmacoepidemiologist, joined PETS on a part-time basis in 2017 as a Research Professor. She received her Ph.D. in Pharmacoepidemiology from McGill University (1994) and post-doctoral training from University of Bordeaux (1996). She has pursued an academic career at Université de Montréal since 1996. She is Past-President of the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) and past-Vice-President of the International Society of Pharmacovigilance (ISoP). She serves on the Steering Group of the European Network of Centers in Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance (ENCePP) at the European Medicines Agency. She has conducted several observational studies in the area of neurologic and psychiatric pharmacoepidemiology as well as therapeutic risk management. Studies include the effect of benzodiazepines on dementia and antidepressants in youth. Recently, she has conducted studies on the effectiveness of risk minimization interventions on opioid usage and opioid related harms as well as on the predictors of chronic opioid use. She is the founder and owner of YolaRX Consultants.
Pharmacoepidemiology, Therapeutic Risk Management, Pharmacovigilance
- Moride Y, Lemieux-Uresandi D, Castillon G, de Moura CS, Pilote L, Faure M, Bernartsky S.A Systematic Review of Interventions and Programs Targeting Appropriate Prescribing of Opioids. Pain Physician. 2019 May;22(3):229-240.
- Kaplan S, Bergamasco A, Sergerie M, Castilloux AM,Moride Y.Effectiveness of Risk Minimization Measures for Fentanyl Buccal Tablet (FENTORA) in Canada: A Mixed-Methods Evaluation Using Surveys, Medical Chart Records and Web Surveillance.Drug Saf. 2020 Feb;43(2):163-177. doi: 10.1007/s40264-019-00882-7.
- Faure M, Castilloux AM, Lillo-Le-Louet A, Bégaud B, Moride Y.Secondary Stroke Prevention: A Population-Based Cohort Study on Anticoagulation and Antiplatelet Treatments, and the Risk of Death or Recurrence. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2020 Feb;107(2):443-451. doi: 10.1002/cpt.1625. Epub 2019 Nov 22.
- Castillon G, Salvo F, Moride Y. The Social Impact of Suspected Adverse Drug Reactions: An analysis of the Canada Vigilance Spontaneous Reporting Database. Drug Saf. 2019 Jan;42(1):27-34. doi: 10.1007/s40264-018-0713-8.
- Pitts PJ, Louet HL, Moride Y, Conti RM.21st century pharmacovigilance: efforts, roles, and responsibilities. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Nov;17(11):e486-e492. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(16)30312-6.